[Snort-users] Snort and mysql.sock

Luca Losio llosio at ...13481...
Thu Sep 8 07:13:00 EDT 2005

Hi,
I'm using snort Version 2.1.2 (Build 25) on a OpenBSD 3.7 compiled with
mysql support.

I modified the /etc/my.cnf file for using a different mysql sock
(/var/www/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock  instead of var/run/mysql/mysql.sock)
this why I want php scripts to connect to the mysql server.
All the php scripts are working, mysql client is working correctly with
this sock. Not snort. Snort complains it can't find the sock:

FATAL ERROR: database: mysql_error: Can't connect to local MySQL server
throughsocket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I searched thru the snort.conf but I can't find this variable..
Please tell me the sock path isn't hardcoded into snort...

Bye!

P.s I know I can get snort working with this sock using a link, just
wondering why snort want this particular sock :)