[Snort-users] Promiscuous mode

Nils Fragoso nils at ...11552...
Thu Sep 8 02:25:29 EDT 2005

Hi ,

I had a sensor running very fine on a Windows XP, until I started "play" with Xp security templates. I've applyed the hisecws template on the machine and then snort stoped working on promiscuous mode. Does anybody knows which security setting I have to change back to get it back as it was before?

Thanks

nils

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Right Management Consultants Inc. proprietary information, which is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, or subject to COPYRIGHT belonging to Right Management Consultants, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and may be UNLAWFUL. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout. Thank You.