[Snort-users] snort died for no reason

Wayne Ho wenghon828 at ...131...
Wed Sep 7 12:59:27 EDT 2005

Dear all:

Recently Snort engine just die for no reason. When I
monitor /var/log/messages, it didn't indicate any
error. In addition, when I run tcpdump -i eth1 to
check the span port, tcpdump capture some packets, and
then froze, when I hit ctrl-C, I got lot of packets
dropped. I am using Snort 2.1.3 RPM, and with RH9.0.
Upgrade is not an option for me because the Sourcefire
ISM is running on it and this is the only version they
support.

Please advise.
Wayne