[Snort-users] log to syslog but not to /var/log/snort/ directory

Pablo Nebrera pablonebrera at ...13472...
Wed Sep 7 02:47:29 EDT 2005

I solved it :-D

I use the following output plugins:

# Step #3: Configure output plugins
output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT
output alert_unified: filename /dev/null
output log_unified: filename /dev/null

using the last two plugings it doesn't create anything in
the /var/log/snort directory and only log to syslog ;-)

Thanks for your help

Pablo