[Snort-users] Snort create TABLES on mysql 5.0

Ferdy Riphagen f.riphagen at ...13595...
Sun Oct 30 04:02:35 EST 2005

Hello All,

I've a problem with a new installation of snort on a MySQL 5.0 database.
When I use the create_mysql script all the tables will be setup but not
'schema'

See below the output when I do it manualy.
Any ideas what it could be?

I noticed a bug that 'shema' has become a reserved word in MySQL but how
can I make it work.

----
mysql> CREATE TABLE schema ( vseq        INT      UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    -> ctime       DATETIME NOT NULL,
    -> PRIMARY KEY (vseq));
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'schema ( vseq        INT      UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
                      ctime    ' at line 1
-----

Regards,

Ferdy