[Snort-users] Quick questions about recieved packets

sekure sekure at ...11827...
Wed Oct 26 16:11:56 EDT 2005

You can always just "ldd /path/to/snort" to see which pcap library is used,
and you might get lucky.

I believe by default when you build libpcap it doesn't build shared
libraries, so you might have to read some documentation to get it to do
that. I could be wrong, but I believe it builds static libraries and i had
to recompile snort and have those libraries statically linked. You can also
build dynamic libraries and in that case you don't have to recompile
snort.... your call...

Anyways, once you get snort to use the new library, you have to define
PCAP_FRAMES variable before you launch snort. Try PCAP_FRAMES=max to start
with and go from there. Google it, or go to the page where you got the
library, there is some documentation on the subject.

Good luck.