[Snort-users] Serious Snort Bug Could Lead To Next Slammer

Theodore Stout theodorestout at ...131...
Sat Oct 22 08:25:43 EDT 2005

Personally, I am surprised that anyone is complaining
about this at all.  I got a call from Sourcefire
warning me of this problem really early in the morning
US time.  I mean, the SF guy must have just woke up or
something and called me within 30 minutes of knowing
about the problem and before having his morning
coffee.  I live here in Japan.  That is service.  I
was about to go to bed at night, got notified,
downloaded the patch, updated my systems- and customer
Pigs, then went to bed.  It took what, 15 extra
minutes?  I didn't even want to do anything  because
it was so late but he asked me to and I did it.

Why are some people here yacking so much?  I mean,
this is old news.  I thought this would not be
anything to the group.  Coming here and seeing people
yack about nothing is a big disappointment.  Even
worring about this small little problem is
embarassing.  Why of why would anyone really care?
Did anyone miss their SLA requirements?  I didnt.  My
Pig barely even noticed and slept the night peacefully
seeing no big problems.  Intelligent Pigs use RNA.

Someone on this thread needs to take some massive
drinks for starting a flame war.  That is just silly.
Better yet, why not go down to New Orleans and see
what a real problem is.  This is not a real problem,
its a patch.

And the Snort bug could lead to the next Slammer???
Who is smoking the bong?  My Pig snorts in retort!

Theo