[Snort-users] Who's gonna compensate me?

Patrick Harper patrick at ...4250...
Thu Oct 20 19:21:47 EDT 2005

I will pitch in to buy you lunch after the next meeting ere in Dallas :)

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

Just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Paul Schmehl
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:12 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Who's gonna compensate me?

preprocessor and restart snort the other day, to remediate the
vulnerability.  Then I had to upgrade to 2.4.3 yesterday and restart snort
again!

I wanna know who's gonna compensate me for my time.  I spent at least 15 or
20 minutes doing this.  I even had to read the docs, figure out the changes
due to sfportscan, and edit my snort.conf file!  This is ridiculous!  If I
had a commercial product, the vendor would have fixed it for me.  :-)</span>

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member