[Snort-users] Who's gonna compensate me?

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Thu Oct 20 15:22:39 EDT 2005

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> bo preprocessor and restart snort the other day, to remediate the
> vulnerability.  Then I had to upgrade to 2.4.3 yesterday and restart
> snort again!
>
> I wanna know who's gonna compensate me for my time.  I spent at least 15
> or 20 minutes doing this.  I even had to read the docs, figure out the
> changes due to sfportscan, and edit my snort.conf file!  This is
> ridiculous!  If I had a commercial product, the vendor would have fixed
> it for me.  :-)</span>

*rotfl*

You also forgot they'd provide you upgraded hardware at the same time, and all
of this for a product with a purchase price of $50.00*.

(* plus service contract fee of $10,000.00 per month)