[Snort-users] process check

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Fri Oct 14 07:02:10 EDT 2005

See if this works for ya...

Of course you'll have to change the START_CMD line to read however
you have your command line options..

<---start--->
#!/bin/sh

START_CMD='/usr/local/bin/snort -c /snort/snort-2.4.2/rules/
snort.conf -D'

PROC=`ps aux | grep "snort -c" | grep -v grep`
         if [ -z "${PROC}" ]; then
                 for i in 1; do
                         ${START_CMD} && exit
                 done
         fi

There are probably better ways to do this, but it's first thing in
the morning over here (PST)

Joel Esler