[Snort-users] execute external program

Murali Raju protocoljunkie at ...11827...
Wed Oct 12 11:15:41 EDT 2005

What exactly are you trying to do? Assuming your are looking for Active
Response or even IPS functions, you can check out the following:

1. snort_inline -> http://snort-inline.sourceforge.net/ for IPS functions
(--enable-inline when you configure snort)
2. snortsam -> http://www.snortsam.net/ for AR functions...

Cheers,

_Raju

On 10/12/05, Gaston Martres <gmartres at ...13565...> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I was wondering if is possible to execute an external program when a
> event or alert in snort is triggered.
>
> I was looking on google, but, or I have searched in a wrong way or this
> is not possible.
>
> Thanks.

May the packets be with you.