[Snort-users] Checkpoint Acquisition and the future of Open Source Snort

Theodore Stout theodorestout at ...131...
Tue Oct 11 07:00:50 EDT 2005

Let's just trust Marty on this one.  He has been right
up until now so why doubt him at this point?

Even though I have had some serious doubts about this,
all in all, Sourcefire and Checkpoint will become
better because of this and somewhere, someplace, the
Pig will be stronger.  I suspose we all just have to
get used to such a large company being involved with
Sourcefire.  It is for the best.  Wayne, Tom, and
Marty have made the right decision.

I doubt that Checkpoint will negatively affect Snort
development and yes Interspect could use a bit more
intergration with Snort rules.

Theo