[Snort-users] BASE 1.2 (betty) released

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Sun Oct 9 14:11:40 EDT 2005

  The BASE project team is proud to announce the release of BASE 1.2.
This release is available from the project homepage on SF.net @
http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas  We would like to thank
everyone that had a part in making this release a success.

  This release fixes a number of bugs people were having with PHP 5 and
searches.  Alex Butcher also submitted a patch to fix the sort issue
some people were experiencing.  We also have fixes to emails regarding
portscans and with quotes on one of the pages. (Thanks Michael and
Nikns!)

  A number of features were added in this release.  These features
include:
- The ability to download a binary file of the packet that 		  caused
the Snort alert.
        - Increased the number of sources for port information
        - Added Internet Storm Center Source/Subnet report
        - TrustedSource.org IP lookup
        - The ability to look up signatures from a local source

  We hope that these features and fixes will increase the ability of
BASE to meet your needs.  And we welcome any and all feedback regarding
this release and any other release of BASE.

Thanks
Kevin Johnson and the BASE project team
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net