[Snort-users] Snort & ACID

Kevin Reiter tux at ...13329...
Sat Oct 8 19:02:39 EDT 2005

Tracey Jackson wrote:
> I have found several places "Snort, Apache, SSL, PHP, and BASE install
> on CentOS 4(or RHEL4)     but I have Red Hat Version 3.  Can I use this
> guide?  If not is there one for Red hat version 3 with BASE?

The BASE config file (base_conf.php) is very similar to the ACID config
file (acid_conf.php) so you shouldn't have any problems.  As far as
Apache, SSL, PHP, and Snort are concerned, if you follow a generic HOWTO
to get them installed, you're almost done.  The only thing left is to
configure your database and test everything.

Test each item individually after you have it installed, so if something
doesn't work, you know where to look.  Aside from that, search Google
for example config files for each of them (there are plenty).  If you
still get stuck, let me know.

Kevin

--

It said "use Linux 2.4 kernel or better" so I installed FreeBSD.  Now
everything runs better.  Why didn't they just tell me to do that to