[Snort-users] Check Point Software Technologies to Acquire Sourcefire

Theodore Stout theodorestout at ...131...
Thu Oct 6 09:43:46 EDT 2005

Personally, I have both good and bad feelings about
this.  I am happy for Marty because he will finally
get paid properly for all the hard work he had done.
Bad because it is hard to say what Checkpoint will do.
 Checkpoint likes money, FW-1 is not cheap and never
was.

The company I work at focuses on Sourcefire and
Checkpoint integration so a lof of the steam has been
taken out of our sails now.  I spent most of the night
talking to my co-workers about this. If the
integration is better that is good.  Right now, we are
going to focus more on RNA to be honest as that is the
future detection we feel.  RNA plus Interspect would
be nice.  There are bad feelings now but best not to
say all of them until we learn what will really
happen.

This is most likely very good for Sourcefire, bad for
Snort.  I wonder what others feel.  Will the Pig be
driving a Bentley?

Theo

--- "carlopmart at ...11827..." <carlopmart at ...11827...>

http://www.snort.org/about_snort/msg_from_marty/mr_100605.html.