[Snort-users] New win32 Installer and Source RPM for Snort 2.4.2

Jennifer Steffens jennifer.steffens at ...1935...
Wed Oct 5 16:11:54 EDT 2005

Hey everyone,

We have posted a new win32 installer for Snort 2.4.2 to fix a reported
crash bug. This is available at http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/win32/.
Our test machines had a stray WinPCAP 3.0 DLL that allowed the previous
snort build to work correctly for us. In essence, Snort used WinPCAP
3.1, but LibnetNT.dll used WinPCAP 3.0. This has been corrected and we
apologize for any inconvenience this has caused Windows users.

In addition, we have made a source RPM available at
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/linux/.

As always, let us know if you have any issues or concerns at
snort-team at ...3990...

Thanks,
Jennifer

-