[Snort-users] Barnyard not populating opt table

David Humes delsasser001 at ...131...
Wed Oct 5 13:41:34 EDT 2005

So, it seems as though this is a feature of the
current barnyard implementation.  I took a look at the
op_acid_db.c source code for the output plugin and it
clearly states that tcp and ip options are not
handled.  I took a look at the CVS tree for barnyard
and there are no updates to address this problem.
Further, there is very little development activity for
this project.  Most of the files have not been touched
in 18 months.  It appears to be at best a stalled
project, which makes me wonder if I should be
deploying it on production sensors when there is no
recent development or bug-fix work.  If anyone out
there is more plugged-in on the future of barnyard,
your inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--Dave