[Snort-users] What's wrong? (WinSnort)

Peter Rodger prodger2008 at ...131...
Wed Oct 5 08:54:39 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I just finished seting up & testing in the test envir.
and now I moved the same server that has Snort
installed to the production envir.  I went to
snort.conf and change home_net to 10.1.10.0/24 from
10.1.14.0/24 test ip arrage.  But, there is no alert
shows up in the BASE console.  I can go to dos prompt
to see the traffic from snort -v -i1.  What did I
miss?

I followed Snort installation from Winsnort.com with
windows 2003 server, SQl2000 and BASE.

Can anybody point me what I missed?

Thanks,

Peter