[Snort-users] Patching Snort 2.4.2 with ClamAV Errors

Bill Warren bwarren at ...12173...
Tue Oct 4 13:28:45 EDT 2005

I just downloaded the latest everything and I am getting stuck.  Any
ideas?  I am running Debian Sarge with all the updates.

tar -zxvf snort-2.4.2.tar.gz
cp snort-2.4.2-clamonly.diff snort-2.4.2
cd snort-2.4.2
patch -p 1 < snort-2.4.2-clamonly.diff

patching file configure.in
Hunk #1 succeeded at 859 with fuzz 2.
patching file src/debug.h
patching file src/generators.h
patching file src/plugbase.c
patching file src/preprocessors/Makefile.am
patching file src/preprocessors/spp_clamav.c
patching file src/preprocessors/spp_clamav.h

autoreconf -f

configure.in:169: warning: underquoted definition of SN_CHECK_DECL
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
configure.in:202: warning: underquoted definition of SN_CHECK_DECLS
configure.in:298: warning: underquoted definition of FAIL_MESSAGE
aclocal:configure.in:675: warning: macro `AM_PATH_LIBPRELUDE' not found
in library
configure.in:675: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_LIBPRELUDE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1