[Snort-users] Compiling 2.4.2 Under Windows

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at ...11827...
Mon Oct 3 12:08:47 EDT 2005

Hi all.

What do you mean exactly by "it crashes"?

I've just downloaded and tried snort 2.4.2 for Windows from

http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/win32/

and it fails because of an unresolved entry point in packet.dll.

Specifically, the problem is due to LibnetNT.dll. The version of this DLL
shipped with snort 2.4.2 still makes use of PacketGetNetInfo, which was
removed from packet.dll (one of the WinPcap DLLs) between WinPcap 3.0 and
WinPcap 3.1.

Hope it helps

Have a nice day
Gianluca Varenni