[Snort-users] blank packet in BASE

Mattia mattia at ...13269...
Mon Oct 3 05:40:40 EDT 2005

Hi all,
I'm using BASE to receive packet from all my installed sensors. All
works fine with Linux but not with windows sensor.
My problem is that if I go to see the content of the packet logged by
the winsnort sensor with BASE, I don't see anything, or better, I see
only the rule that generated the log.
How is it possible?
In my snort.conf file I'm using "output log_unified: snort.log" as on
the Linux sensors, but on the Linux sensors I can read the content of
the packet when is logged in BASE.
I'm doing something wrong in the snort.conf file for winsnort?

Regards,

Mattia