[Snort-users] Snort 2.4.3 - Windows service fails on boot

Frank.Pikelner at ...13621... Frank.Pikelner at ...13621...
Fri Nov 11 11:15:01 EST 2005

I've built several Windows servers with Snort on it (for internal use)
and everything works except Snort failing to start as a service after a
reboot. If manually starting the service there is no problem. I'm
running the latest release of Snort 2.4.3. Do I need to make the Snort
service dependant on another service, is this a known problem as I have
this problem on each of the two machines.

Thank you,

Frank

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.
Le present message electronique (y compris les pieces qui y sont annexees, le cas echeant) s'adresse au destinataire indique et peut contenir des renseignements de caractere prive ou confidentiel. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a ete transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expediteur et le supprimer immediatement.