[Snort-users] SnortCenter 2.x 3/15/2005 Released

Jason Alexander lists at ...9901...
Thu Mar 31 13:30:21 EST 2005

I have released a new version of SnortCenter 2.x. This release provides
the functionality to allow you to to bring in rules from SourceFire VRT,
SourceFire Community, and also Bleeding Snort rulesets. To accomplish
this we have created a script that goes out and downloads all the
archives from their various sources and then combines them into one
source and makes them available to snortcenter via the same webserver
that hosts the console. This script is located in the scripts directory
and after you configure it with your OinkCode and other information I
suggest that you put this file into a cron job.  Once the rule_combine
script has been configure simply point the config.php file at the
directory you created the rules in. From then on the user then simply
has to point the snortcenter proceed like normal.  This script can be
easly extended to any new rules sets that come along requiring no
changes to the main SnortCenter 2.x code.  You can download the new
version of the console from the sourceforge project site at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/snortcenter2/

Jason Alexander
Keeper of SnortCenter