[Snort-users] Snort IPS Functionality

Briggs, Bruce Bruce.Briggs at ...13183...
Wed Mar 30 06:06:33 EST 2005

See this:
http://snort-inline.sourceforge.net/

Bruce

  _____

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Dave Raven
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:24 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort IPS Functionality

Hello all,

            I'm interested in using snort on a FreeBSD machine as an
IPS. I've read the docs on the website and as far as I can see the only
available "IPS" functionality exists on Linux, using iptables. Does this
actually just drop the questionable packet - or is it generating
firewall rules? And does any of the IPS functionality work on FreeBSD at
all? There was a project a while ago called Hogwash, which would do
exactly what I'm interested in - but that seems long dead...

Thanks in advance

Dave