AW: AW: [Snort-users] reg Snort IDMEF plugin problem, NULL facili ty

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Wed Mar 30 03:46:47 EST 2005

Mayank,

the current available version is a diff to snort 2.2.0, so it's "normal" to
get such kind of messages.

Right now I don't plan to provide a new diff to snort 2.3.x with the "old"
snort-idmef 1.2.x tree since I'm hoping to publish snort-idmef 2.0.0 within
the next few weeks.

Thank you for using snort-idmef!

So long,
Sandro
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mayank Bhatnagar [mailto:mayank at ...9923...]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. März 2005 14:09
An: Poppi, Sandro
Cc: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Betreff: Re: AW: [Snort-users] reg Snort IDMEF plugin problem, NULL facility

Hello Poppi,

Thanks a lot for the changes with the keyword facility_default. I could=20
not find it anywhere in README.idmef (which is the only document=20
available).=20

Great to know that you are going to provide the documentation along with=20
the laetst draft.

I also wanted to submit the problems I faced while installing the plugin.

The install-idmef-plugin.sh didnt work for these patches,=20

=091) src_plugbase.c.diff (1 out of 3 hunk failed)
=092) src_plugin_enum.h.diff ( 1 hunk failed)

Details below:
---------------
patching file configure.in
patching file plugbase.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 103.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 568 with fuzz 1 (offset -2 lines).
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file plugbase.c.rej
patching file plugin_enum.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 33.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file plugin_enum.h.rej
patching file Makefile.am
Snort-IDMEF Plugin succesfully included! Have fun!

So I had to make the changes after seeing the .rej file.