[Snort-users] Problems with base and postgresql

Lieker Heinrich hlieker at ...12951...
Wed Mar 30 01:14:09 EST 2005

Hi!

Still got problems with my BASE. I'm running Snort 2.3 with BASE 1.0.2
on a PostgreSQL 7.4.3 server. Snort is producing some alarms, but not
too many. Not always but often the server has a load of 99,9% because of
postmaster doing some INSERTS etc. The same is happening, when I'm doing
some queries with BASE. The system needs plenty of time to show me the
results.
Do you have any ideas, why this happens? I have already read some
instructions how to tune my database with indexes etc. But I don't
exactly know, how I could do this.
Can you help me?

Thanks
H.