[Snort-users] sfportscan - open ports

Hin hchlai at ...2792...
Tue Mar 29 11:29:12 EST 2005

Can someone give me some advise on how to suppress the "portscan: open port" alert? I have put "suppress gen_id 122, sig_id 27" on the threshold file but it doesn't seem to work properly. I believe I can't use the threshold file to suppress alerts generated by preprocessor, but I don't want to take out the preprocessor as a whole either, how do I proceed if I just want to suppress the open port alert?
Thanks!

Hin

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.