[Snort-users] No Base with localhost/base in browser

Mark Sargent powderkeg at ...11462...
Mon Mar 28 23:22:33 EST 2005

Hi All,

below is my base_conf.php settings. I get a blank page in both
Firefox/Mozilla when typing localhost/base even though this,
http://localhost.localdomain/base/base_main.php
shows up in the url box.
PHP is working, as I can bring up the NetworkMonitorTool with just
entering localhost. I'm following Patrick Harper's Tutorial for
Fedora3/Snort/Base/PHP. Perhaps I've missed something fundamental.? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

$BASE_urlpath = "/base";

/* Path to the DB abstraction library
 *  (Note: DO NOT include a trailing backslash after the directory)
 *   e.g. $foo = "/tmp"      [OK]
 *        $foo = "/tmp/"     [OK]
 *        $foo = "c:\tmp"    [OK]
 *        $foo = "c:\tmp\"   [WRONG]
 */
$DBlib_path = "/var/www/html/adodb";

/* The type of underlying alert database
 *
 *  MySQL       : "mysql"
 *  PostgresSQL : "postgres"
 *  MS SQL Server : "mssql"
 */
$DBtype = "mysql";

/* Alert DB connection parameters
 *   - $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name of Snort alert DB
 *   - $alert_host     : host on which the DB is stored
 *   - $alert_port     : port on which to access the DB
 *   - $alert_user     : login to the database with this user
 *   - $alert_password : password of the DB user
 *
 *  This information can be gleaned from the Snort database
 *  output plugin configuration.
 */
$alert_dbname   = "snort";
$alert_host     = "localhost";