[Snort-users] Multiple Sensors

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Fri Mar 25 00:44:34 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 06:56 +0000, Salil D. wrote:
> "  output database: log, mysql, encoding=ascii user=XXXXXXX
> password=XXXXXX dbname=snort host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX    "
>
> I have total 3 interface cards on the machine where snort is
> installed
> (all cards on same machine)

Have you checked the FAQ? I'm sure that "sensor_name" is explained in
there or the manual. You need to add sensor_name to the database line so
that unique sensor entries are created in the database.

For example: output database: log, mysql, encoding=ascii user=XXXXXXX
password=XXXXXX dbname=snort host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX sensor_name=snort_1

Regards,
Frank