[Snort-users] Multiple Sensors

Salil D. salildumbre at ...3390...
Thu Mar 24 22:55:45 EST 2005

Hello Michael,

I still am not able to configure additional sensors.

Following line is from my snort.conf file,

"   output database: log, mysql, encoding=ascii user=XXXXXXX password=XXXXXX dbname=snort host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX    "

I have total 3 interface cards on the machine where snort is installed
(all cards on same machine)

snort has detected one ip address out of the 3 , and set that as default sensor name.

In order to configure additional sensor, I have explicitly inserted a record in the sensor table with relevant field entries for other ip address.

Logged data carries information only about the default sensor.
I dont find any data sensed at the other sensor inserted later.

am I headed in the right way?

Kindly let me know of possible solution.

Thanks,

Salil.