[Snort-users] snort closing connection to database " "

Joshua Berry jberry at ...11848...
Wed Mar 23 06:13:57 EST 2005

There should not be any commas after the database type.  Your output plugin settings should look like this:

Output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=mypassword dbname=snort_db host=localhost

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:snort-users-admin at ...3204...ts.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of msmythe at ...9424...
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:16 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort closing connection to database " "

Texto:

Hi,all:
I installed snort from www.snort.org snort-2.2.0.tar.gz, but the snort.conf file says snort 2.1.0 Ruleset... It´s that correct, can they have different version number?

When i type the following command:
/usr/local/bin/snort -T -dev -c /var/log/snort/et/snort.conf -i eth0 -l /var/log/snort
snort it´s inicialiced and show me this message: database: closing connection to database " "
without the name of the database.

The output plugin is set:
output database: log, mysql, user=snort, password=mypassword, dbname=snort_db, host=localhost

The Mysql users mysql -u root -p and mysql -u snort -p, are OK and they have all privileges sets.

The /var/log/snort file has chmod 777

I tried changing host = localhost to 127.0.0.1 (in the snort.conf file), but nothing happend.

Thanks in advance.

Mauricio Smythe Salinas
Capitán de Fragata
Jefe Departamento Informática
Servicio de Telecomunicaciones e Informática de la Armada
Avda. Gran Bretaña N° 980
Playa Ancha - Valparaíso
Fono 032-529284
FAX 439797