[Snort-users] Snort upgrade not logging to mysql

Snort Snort at ...13151...
Tue Mar 22 07:01:33 EST 2005

Run snort from the command line with your full command line string and
without the -D (daemon/background mode) to see where the problem lies.

i.e. /usr/local/snort/bin/snort -i eth0 -o -c
/usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf -L /usr/local/snort/log

Thanks,

Michael Brown

  _____

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Brian
Zuromski
Posted At: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:44 AM
Posted To: Snort
Conversation: Snort upgrade not logging to mysql
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort upgrade not logging to mysql

Hello,

         I performed and rpm upgrade of snort from 2.1.3 to 2.3.0 from
Dag's rpm repo.  I had snort logging to mysql successfully and was able
to pull data into ACID.  Now since the upgrade I can't see any new data
being populated in the database and acid is unable to update alerts.
I'm sure mysql is compiled into the package as well.  Is there anything
new with this update?

Thanks

BrianZ