[Snort-users] Q about BASE and safe_mode

Michael Scheidell scheidell at ...5171...
Mon Mar 21 13:52:04 EST 2005

I have not been able to get BASE to work with safe_mode on.

Yes, we put that directory in safe_mode_include_dir and stopped and
started apache.

System is FBSD 4.11, php5, postgresql DB, BASE 1.01 (michelle)

If we set safe_mode off and restart apache, all works fine.
I could not find a mention of php.ini or safe_mode in any of the install
docs.

If not, it complains about Error loading the DB Abstraction library:
from "/usr/local/share/adodb/adodb.inc.php"

Check the DB abstraction library variable $DBlib_path in base_conf.php

(yes, file exists and is readable by user running web daemon, it works
if safe_mode off)
Other program that uses jpgraph doesn't have any problems.

safe_mode_include_dir is:

safe_mode_include_dir ="/usr/local/share/jpgraph:/usr/local/share/adodb"

Even put it in include_path (just in case)

Any ideas?