[Snort-users] Snort agent installation

Jack A. Kanimea jkanimea at ...11795...
Mon Mar 21 11:57:09 EST 2005

Thanks Jason,
             In only on snort. Taps would be brought to monitor traffic from isolated network which would have snort agent  reporting back to main snort console.  Probably am download the wrong snort binaries file or may be I need to config the same snort install file to point back to console ??? Am be lost here . At the moment I supppose the snort files as both agent and console together.
Anyway that where I am ??/ any help would greatly appreciated.
thanks
Jk

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason [mailto:security at ...5028...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 4:50 P
To: Jack A. Kanimea
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort agent installation

Jack,

The files immediately available at http://www.snort.org/dl are source
code. You will have to download a binary build from
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/ for your operating system or compile
the source to use Snort.

It sounds from you mail like you are attempting to use a third party
application in addition to Snort. Could you provide more information on
your setup so that we can better assist you.