[Snort-users] -bash: /usr/sbin/snort/schemas/create_mysql: Not a directory

Mark Sargent powderkeg at ...11462...
Mon Mar 21 05:35:07 EST 2005

Harper, Patrick wrote:

>If you installed via yum then you did not follow the FC3 guide, it
>has you install it form source.  Did you install the OS and support
>daemons per the doc?  Try a yum install mysql-dev, I think that is
>what you are missing.  Also, are you root?  Did you login as root or
>su (su -)?

Hi All,

yes, Patrick, I'm su -'ed as root. Yes, I pretty much followed the
instructions for the tut. My mysql is installed here, /usr/local/mysql
and here is my lib dir contents,

[root at ...274... lib]# ls
libdbug.a   libmysqlclient.a    libmysqld.a   libmystrings.a
libmygcc.a  libmysqlclient_r.a  libmysql.imp  libmysys.a

Where is the required header mysql.h stored

doing a yum install mysql-devel gives this,

Dependencies Resolved
Transaction Listing:
  Install: mysql-devel.i386 0:3.23.58-14

Performing the following to resolve dependencies:
  Install: mysql.i386 0:3.23.58-14
  Install: perl-DBD-MySQL.i386 0:2.9003-5
Is this ok [y/N]:

 but, I already have mysql installed from source, and don't wish to
install again via yum. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.