[Snort-users] -bash: /usr/sbin/snort/schemas/create_mysql: Not a directory

Mark Sargent powderkeg at ...11462...
Mon Mar 21 03:03:53 EST 2005

Harper, Patrick wrote:

>You said you were using my FC3 doc, it already installs from source, n
>FC3 all you should have to do is the following.
>
>From http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/snort_base_fc3.pdf
>
>tar -xvzf snort-2.3.0.tar.gz
>cd snort-2.3.0
>../configure --with-mysql
>make
>make install
>groupadd snort
>useradd -g snort snort
>mkdir /etc/snort
>mkdir /etc/snort/rules
>mkdir /var/log/snort
>

>Hi All,
>
>Lee, I'm in mysql/bin and if I run, ./mysql -h localhost -u root mysql
>-p it successfully starts after entering the password. What I don't un,
>is, why /usr/sbin/snort is reported as not a dir. I installed snort via
>yum. I can run snort just by typing snort @ the prompt.
>
>EDIT: Ok, I decided to remove snort via yum and try a source install. I
>got the following,

>  ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
>  checked in the following places
>        /usr/include
>        /usr/include/mysql
>        /usr/local/include
>        /usr/local/include/mysql

>Disclaimer:  This electronic message, including any attachments, is
>confidential and intended solely for use of the intended recipient(s). This
>message may contain information that is privileged or otherwise protected
>from disclosure by applicable law. Any unauthorized disclosure,
>dissemination, use or reproduction is strictly prohibited. If you have
>received this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender
>immediately.

Hi All,

yes, Patrick, I'm following your tut..I already had snort installed via
yum. Anyway, as stated above, I removed the yum installation, and went
via yr tut installing steps. But, got the error with the ./configure
--with-mysql and not being able to find that header,

 ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
 checked in the following places
       /usr/include
       /usr/include/mysql
       /usr/local/include
       /usr/local/include/mysql

What is mysql.h.? Any idea why it wouldn't be finding it.? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.