[Snort-users] -bash: /usr/sbin/snort/schemas/create_mysql: Not a directory

Mark Sargent powderkeg at ...11462...
Mon Mar 21 02:24:08 EST 2005

Lee Clemens wrote:

>not sure about Patrick Harper, but it looks like you're trying to run mysql
>and execute the schema.
>
>You'll want to to go your mysql directory and cd bin...that is, make your
>working directory mysql/bin (not sure where exactly this is on your
>particular computer).
>
>Then run the command "mysql -u root -p " entering the location of your snort
>installation and the correct path of the schema "create_mysql" after the -p
>switch.
>
>Since I don't know exactly what your directory structure is, it's a bit
>difficult to answer any better than that. Essentially, you want to execute
>"mysql" and run it with the -u root -p switch with the location of the
>schema.
>
>An easier way might be to run MySQL Command Prompt, log in as root, and then
>copy text of the schema (located in the snort/schema directory) and paste it
>into the MySQL session. Hope that helps!

Hi All,

Lee, I'm in mysql/bin and if I run, ./mysql -h localhost -u root mysql
-p it successfully starts after entering the password. What I don't un,
is, why /usr/sbin/snort is reported as not a dir. I installed snort via
yum. I can run snort just by typing snort @ the prompt.

EDIT: Ok, I decided to remove snort via yum and try a source install. I
got the following,

  ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
  checked in the following places
        /usr/include
        /usr/include/mysql
        /usr/local/include
        /usr/local/include/mysql
 whilst doing a ./configure --with-mysql. mysql is here,
/usr/local/mysql. How do I get around it..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent