[Snort-users] --enable-sourcefire

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Thu Mar 17 13:42:35 EST 2005

Geffrey Velásquez wrote:

> With 2.3.2:
>
> ./configure --help
>  --enable-sourcefire      Enable Sourcefire specific build options

It actually does nothing.

It adds -DSOURCEFIRE to the cflags passed to the c compiler. This
creates a defined preprocessor symbol SOURCEFIRE, but nothing in the
source code uses that define. Having flags like this is pretty common in
development. I suspect it's an artifact of some testing flags that one
of the developers uses.

I even did a recursive grep, and found no reference the the SOURCEFIRE
directive anywhere other than configure and configure.in, proving it
really does nothing.

grep -r SOURCEFIRE *
File configure:
  CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DSOURCEFIRE"