[Snort-users] Remote Mysql

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez jkerouac at ...12346...
Thu Mar 17 05:25:15 EST 2005

El jue, 17-03-2005 a las 12:38 +0000, Salil D. escribió:

> Hello there,
>
> I was able to run snort with mysql both on same host
> I want to configure snort with mysql on remote machine
>
> what should be used with ./configure --with-mysql=?????????

You have to compile the snort binary just the same as you did
before for your mysql logging to your local host. You can
even use the same binary if you want. The option --with-mysql
it's needed to compile the support for mysql in snort, but
it doesn't depend on where you have the MySQL database.

What you have to change it's the line in snort.conf where you
have the localhost host for the database, and change localhost
for the new host where the MySQL database is.

> Thanks to all
>
> Salil.

Regards.

--