[Snort-users] problems with barnyard, snort and mysql

Kevin Smith kjsmith at ...13166...
Sat Mar 12 07:12:54 EST 2005

Okay, I did notice I forgot to install dev files for mysql, once I did
that I ran ./configure --enable-mysql, however then it error or the
library files.

checking for /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h... yes
checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... no
  ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
  checked in the following places
        /usr/lib/

however, in /usr/lib there are these files

/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.la
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.a
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.la
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.10
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.10.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.12
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.12.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.14
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.14.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14.0.0

I know some of them probably are not needed but I think they were left
there from upgrading the database. One of these should be the file it
needs correct? Should I just remove anything that is below 14? Since 14
is in reference to MySQL version 4.1 which is what the server is
running. Or are these not even the files I need?

Thanks again,

Kevin