[Snort-users] Something about mysql

Patrick Harper patrick at ...4250...
Sat Mar 12 05:19:56 EST 2005

First, please do not hijack threads.  Start your own.  Your question has
nothing to do the subject it was sitting under

Did you compile snort with --with-mysql?   This is the error you get when
you did not do that.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Salil D.
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:42 AM
To: Dragos Ruiu
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Security Masters Dojo

Hi,

I configured snort-2.2.0 with mysql-4.1 on mandrake9.1
I ran snort
"shell>snort -c /path/snort.conf"
I got the following,
database: compiled support for ( )
database: configured to use mysql
database: mysql support is not compiled for this build

in snort.conf I wrote
output database: log, mysql, user=snortuser dbname=snort host=localhost

is there anything else I need to do ???

Thanks in advance.

Salil.