[Snort-users] problems with barnyard, snort and mysql

Alejandro Flores alejandrorflores at ...11827...
Fri Mar 11 15:01:59 EST 2005

Hey,

Nope, you're doing it wrong.
The option --enable-mysql is to enable mysql support. But, to compile
barnyard with mysql support, you'll need mysql headers and libraries
installed in your computer. If you're using fedora, just execute: yum
install mysql-devel
You must be sure you have the headers and libraries files for mysql
installed in order to compile barnyard with mysql support. Try using
just this:
./configure --enable-mysql
If it gives you an error about mysql.h, you'll have to specify where
your headers are located:
./configure --enable-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/path/to/your/mysql_includes
If it not complains, it will compile with mysql support.

Regards,
Alejandro Flores