[Snort-users] archivePlus problems

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Fri Mar 11 14:32:49 EST 2005

Geez, just "because it was written on unix and tarballed there" you can
determine it was altered for use on a "Windoze" (that must have been a slip)
box.

By the sounds of his message I'm sure it was edited to run on a TS-1000.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
mailto:support at ...9077...
Website: http://www.winsnort.com

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Paul Schmehl
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 1:58 PM
To: Jim Vonder; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] archivePlus problems

--On Friday, March 11, 2005 11:38:49 AM -0800 Jim Vonder
<jim_vonder at ...125...> wrote:

> That was the first thing I thought of, but the perl line was right.  I
> did some research, and found that sometimes DOS style text files can also
> cause the error, and after I dos2unix'd the script, it ran without having
> to change the #!/usr/bin/perl line.

Where did you get that script?  The one I wrote should not be doing that,
because it was written on unix and tarballed there.  Sounds like somebody
gave you a copy that had been on a Windoze box at some point.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member