[Snort-users] problems with barnyard, snort and mysql

Kevin Smith kjsmith at ...13166...
Fri Mar 11 14:29:39 EST 2005

Hey,

Yes, at least I thought I did. This was the command I ran.

./configure --enable-mysql=/etc/snort/ --with-mysql=/etc/snort

Now before I only had one mysql.h file which was located
/home/mercury/snort-2.2.0/src/win32/WIN32-Includes/mysql/mysql.h which I
copied to /etc/snort. I now notice that there is one in my barnyard
directory I am thinking I probably screwed that up. Should I recomplie
just using the following command?

./configure --enable-mysql=/usr/local/src/barnyard-0.2.0/

Which is where there is a header file for mysql. If I don't specify the
directory ( ie ./configure --enable-mysql ) this is the error I get.

checking for /mysql.h... no
 ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
 checked in the following places
       /mysql.h

Kevin