[Snort-users] Snort 2.3.1 Error parsing Bleeding rules

Jeremy Hewlett jh at ...1935...
Thu Mar 10 17:48:01 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, Basselgia, Barry A Mr (NAF Atsugi) wrote:
> I just tried setting up Snort 2.3.1, and it's having problems parsing the
> Bleeding Rules.  The same snort.conf with the same .rules file works fine
> with Snort 2.3.0.

The SNORT_2_3 branch has this 'comment' patch removed so that the
parser doesn't interfere with Bleeding Rules. I expect to have another
release out soon to address this concern.

Additionally, we've been working on a new parser, so we'll add this
feature (without the need to escape) at that time.  There is no ETA on
that, however.