[Snort-users] Now that I have my oink code

Arseneault, Thomas (HQP) thomas.arseneault at ...13070...
Wed Mar 9 12:13:18 EST 2005

If you google for "what is my ip address" you'll find a number of sites
that will echo back your IP address for you. For example:
http://checkip.dyndns.org/

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Snortty
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:49 AM
To: Joshua Berry; Paul Schmehl; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Now that I have my oink code

How did you figure out the IP of the snort NATting to outbound?

That could be my prolems for d.l new rules after having regitered, and
got Oink Code by entering my snort box IP (internal IP), it shows
errors:

Connecting to 192.168.103.x:8000... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 403 You must be a registered
user with a valid oink code to download this file from your IP Address
18:32:37 ERROR 403: You must be a registered user with a valid oink code
to download this file from your IP Address.
where 192.168.103.x is our proxy IP.

Also, I'm running snort v2.1.2, which latest rules should work for my
snort, and file name to d.l?

Thanks!
sw.