[Snort-users] License audit provision

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez jkerouac at ...12346...
Wed Mar 9 01:10:50 EST 2005

El mar, 08-03-2005 a las 21:27 -0500, Martin Roesch escribió:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been seeing several comments around the 'net regarding the audit
> provision in the new VRT license and we're aware that people have
> concerns with it.  Please be aware that we're looking at it and
> evaluating what we want to do.  Any time you get lawyers involved
> things sometimes don't work out quite like you were planning.  As I
> said a few days ago, we're not a faceless corporation at Sourcefire,
> we're a collection of people who are trying to put together a good
> compromise that we can all live with.  We understand the concerns with
> the the audit provision of the VRT license and we're going to to put
> something better together.

The audit provision it's totally illegal in many countries. You can't
do that. It's that simple. You should talk very seriously to your
lawyers because that clause will stop many people from buying your
service. You should be aware of that.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez