[Snort-users] rules download for registered users

Snort Snort at ...13151...
Tue Mar 8 20:21:12 EST 2005

Is registering for oinkmaster the only way to download the VRT rules
snapshots via backend scripts and/or programs? I have a custom script
that used to download the rules once a day using the following URL, but
the new link for registered users is a .cgi script that verifies if you
are logged in as a registered user, which of course doesn't work for
backend scripts... I'm guess registering as a oink user is the way to
go?

/usr/bin/wget
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2_2.tar.gz
--directory-prefix=/usr/local/snort/rules