[Snort-users] License audit provision

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Tue Mar 8 18:26:52 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I've been seeing several comments around the 'net regarding the audit
provision in the new VRT license and we're aware that people have
concerns with it.  Please be aware that we're looking at it and
evaluating what we want to do.  Any time you get lawyers involved
things sometimes don't work out quite like you were planning.  As I
said a few days ago, we're not a faceless corporation at Sourcefire,
we're a collection of people who are trying to put together a good
compromise that we can all live with.  We understand the concerns with
the the audit provision of the VRT license and we're going to to put
something better together.

I would like to ask everyone to be patient while we get through the
initial phases of getting the new site and services rolled out.  There
are going to be a few bumps along the way, but at the end of the day I
think everyone is going to be happy with the changes and the new site
and services.  If you see something that looks wrong in the site or
license please tell us and we'll look at it.  We're people just like
you, we overlook things and make mistakes sometimes just like normal
people.  We're going to make this right so please give us a little time
to get the kinks ironed out.

If anyone has any questions or comments please send mail to me or
snort-feedback at ...1935... and we'll get back to you.

      -Marty

Sourcefire - Discover.  Determine.  Defend. - http://www.sourcefire.com
Snort: Open Source Intrusion Detection and Prevention -
http://www.snort.org