[SPAM] - Re: [Snort-users] My Experience with the new Sourcefire VRT rules.. - Email found in subject

Marc Hering mhering at ...13116...
Tue Mar 8 12:22:17 EST 2005

Thanks for the update Martin,   I figured it was something like that,  I did the Alt-I in Firefox and didn't see the encryption....

I'll check back in in the next 24 hours.

Thanks!

Also, does VRT plan to have a "one off" download plan,,,IE a company doesn't want to pay a yearly subscription, but if a MAJOR worm comes out they can pay a one time fee and get the updated rules?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Roesch [mailto:roesch at ...1935...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:07 PM
To: Marc Hering
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [SPAM] - Re: [Snort-users] My Experience with the new Sourcefire VRT rules.. - Email found in subject

Hi Marc,

We're dealing with a few last minute issues on our end, things should be solid in the next 24 hours or so.

The cert was made for sourcefire.com, not snort.org originally.  We're waiting on our cert from Thawte and it should be up today.  The site is encrypted even if the cert isn't "valid" for the domain, if you're in firefox you can hit <alt-i> to pull up site info and click on the Security tab to see if the site is cleartext or encrypted if you need to prove it to yourself.  We wouldn't expect you to transmit info in the clear obviously.

The subscription form has the rates in the first line of the form.
It's $195/495/1795 per month/quarter/year respectively.  You need a free registration to subscribe.

We apologize for the rule lookup being inactive right now, we're working on it.

      -Marty

--
Martin Roesch - Founder/CTO, Sourcefire Inc. - +1-410-290-1616 Sourcefire - Discover.  Determine.  Defend. - http://www.sourcefire.com
Snort: Open Source Intrusion Detection and Prevention - http://www.snort.org